Privacy and Policy
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Steven Handley trading as Market Royale of 60 High Street, Chobham, Surrey, United Kingdom GU24 8AA ("we or us") as the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
The data that we hold.
Included in the data is your business or personal email address. The GDPR classes your name as personal data. The email address, if it includes your name, is also classed as personal data.
What do we do with the data.
We will not use the data to carry out direct B2B B2C email marketing. This is covered in the GDPR. The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) recommend that companies using this basis conduct a "Legitimate Interests Assessment" (LIA), which we have done this and the ICO have confirmed as we only process personal data for core business purposes we are under no requirement to register or pay a fee.
Where does the data come from?
Your data comes from your order confirmation which allows us to process your order. The information we hold for recording purposes only is your name, email address, home address and delivery address if different.
Your right to object.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that we carry out. The quickest way to do this is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are the Data Controller in respect of this use of your data. You may ask for the data specific to your records in the form of a Data Subject Access Request.1. Explaining the legal bases we rely on:
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.For example, when you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Market Royale to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you make an online purchase.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
3. What sort of personal data do we collect?
- The information we hold for recording purposes only is your name, email address, home address and delivery address if different.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
4. How and why do we use your personal data?Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites or by phone. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and you from fraud and other illegal activities.
5. How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.Access to your personal data is password-protected. We do not hold any sensitive data (such as payment card information).We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
6. How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or made anonymous, for example by mixing with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.Some examples of customer data retention periods:Orders - When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
7. Who do we share your personal data with?
We never share your data, unless for fraud management we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies. We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
8. What are your rights over your personal data? You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows: To ask for your information please contact Steven Handley, Market Royale, Kaloma, Scotts Grove Close, Chobham, Surrey, GU24 8DU or email email@example.com
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. We will not proceed any request through a third party, even if the request is on your behalf.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Write - Market Royale, 60 High Street, Chobham, Surrey. GU24 8AA